LASIK Eye Surgery in NYC
Allegretto Wavelight Custom LASIK
Dr. Pamel was one of the first New York LASIK surgeons to adopt the newest technology in Custom LASIK Surgery, the Allegretto Wavelight laser. He proudly performs his refractive surgery procedures at his offices using this laser, a revolutionary tool in laser eye surgery. Currently providing the fastest correction in the United States, Allegretto Wavelight is safe, accurate, and has given a majority of its patients better than 20/20 vision.
The extremely controlled and precise Allegretto Wavelight is ideal for custom operations. The Allegretto Wavelight is calibrated specifically to your needs, ensuring the proper energy level is used to achieve better vision.
The Allegretto Wavelight also constantly monitors the position of the eyeball. It measures the location every four to six milliseconds, automatically adjusting its internal mirrors. A second check on the position is performed just to make sure it has not changed position. If it moves out of position or moves too quickly to be tracked, the Allegretto Wavelight will stop. It will not release a pulse until it has returned to its original position.
What are the benefits of Allegretto Wavelight?
Laser eye surgery using the Allegretto Wavelight received the widest approval rating given to a new refractive procedure for vision correction. The results of using Allegretto Wavelight have been overwhelmingly positive with exceptional clinical results, as shown by the findings below:
- One year following laser surgery with the Allegretto Wavelight, more than 93 percent of patients reported that they saw as well or better than they had before treatment, even with glasses or contacts
- One year following laser surgery with the Allegretto Wavelight, more than 98 percent of patients achieved 20/40 vision, the visual acuity required to pass most driving tests
- Almost 60 percent of nearsighted patients achieved 20/16 vision one year after laser surgery with the Allegretto Wavelight
- Both nearsighted and farsighted patients treated with the Allegretto Wavelight report an improvement in their reaction to night driving glare and bright lights. Additionally, nearsighted patients report improved light sensitivity
- A vast majority of patients, more than 90 percent, achieve refractive correction within 1 diopter of their desired correction
Am I eligible for LASIK with the Allegretto Wavelight?
Though the Allegretto Wavelight allows more people to receive custom procedures than before, there are certain individuals who are not good candidates for this procedure. You are probably NOT a good candidate for this treatment if you:
- Are under 21 years old. At this age, you are still growing and are susceptible to change
- Are pregnant or nursing. While pregnant, hormonal changes occur that can alter your vision. It’s better to postpone the operation until after your child is born and after you are finished nursing
- Are taking certain medications
- Have high blood pressure
- Thin corneas
- Dry eyes
- Keratoconus (a corneal irregularity)
- Eye inflammation
- Herpes simplex
- Suffered severe eye injuries in the past
- Corneal infections or scars
- Unstable refraction or refractive errors
- Other diseases of the eyes such as AMD, cataracts or others
Our physician encourages you to speak with him to determine if you are eligible for laser surgery with the Allegretto Wavelight, a sophisticated procedure for our NYC, Manhattan, Astoria and Queens LASIK patients.
Schedule a free consultation by calling our office at (212) 355-2215 or toll free, (888) 657-2010.